Card Set (Pack): Christmas Cards - Christmas pudding motif
Did you know, Henry Cole, the founding director of the V&A, sent the first Christmas card in 1843? V&A now holds over 15,000 examples of Christmas cards and draws on its diverse collection of objects including, textiles, prints and photographs to create its cards. V&A also commissions new designs every year.
This V&A pack of Christmas cards titled Christmas pudding motif was designed by Eric Ravilious (1903-42) from the Christmas Pudding service made by Wedgwood Stoke-on-Trent. 1938
- Message inside reads: 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year'
- 8 cards of one design in each pack
- Includes white envelopes.
- Single card size 123mm x 123mm approx.
- Designed and printed in Britain.